Freitag, 08. September 2017, 09:00 - 17:00 iCal
Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik
Spitalgasse 2-4, Hof 8.3, 1090 Wien
Seminar, Workshop, Kurs
Donnerstag, 07. September 2017, 09:00 - 17:00
The focus of the workshop is on diachronic phonotactics. It will address questions such as
- How are changes in stem-level, word-level and phrase level phonotactics best described and accounted for?
- Do phonological constituents larger than segments (segment clusters, syllables, feet, prosodic words, etc.) represent units with histories of their own?
- How does phonotactic complexity arise, and under what circumstances does it achieve historical stability?
- Are there constraints or preferences concerning the mapping of phonological structure on morpho-syntactic structure, and are the effects of such constraints visible in diachronic developments?
- What roles do the perception and the production of phonotactic structures play for their diachronic development?
- What are the roles of acquisition and usage in the emergence and the evolution of phonotactic patterns?
The workshop will feature a plenary session, in which papers by invited speakers will be presented and discussed.
Um Anmeldung wird gebeten
Siehe Website: dpt17.univie.ac.at/submission-and-registration/
Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik, Universität Wien
Erstellt am Montag, 03. Juli 2017, 13:17
Letzte Änderung am Montag, 10. Juli 2017, 08:44